Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Halo Razor - Cruelty-free Razor Option

Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

Today's post is going to be short and sweet.

In my cruelty-free journey, I'm glad to say that I've found a replacement for my Gillette Venus razors. My fiance looked it me funny when he saw me writing this post because he didn't understand how a razor could be tested on animals. His actual question was, "Do they shave animals?" I explained to him that companies that make razors often make a lot of other products, which can be tested on animals.


The Halo 5-blade razor by the brand Personna is a cruelty-free razor that, for me, works just as well as my old Venus razor did. I'm also happy to say that it is similar in price as well, so I'm not spending more money to buy it.

The package with the full razor (which includes two blades) and the 4-cartridge refill cost me just under $14 on Amazon.com.

My only complaints are minor ones. The razor itself came with a large plastic holder for storage in the shower, and I never use those. It sat around for a few weeks until I finally just threw it in the recycling. I'm sure some people like when razors come with their own holder. I'm just not one of them. My other complaint is that I can only seem to find this razor on Amazon, and my initial order was delayed, so it took much longer to arrive than I expected. I'll just have to remember to order replacement cartridges well before I would actually need them. Since I know I like them, I'll also stock up the next time I order and pick up two packs of replacement cartridges at one time.

What is your favorite razor? If your razor comes with a holder, do you use it?

Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. Supporting cruelty free brands as a whole is really important.
    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award :)
    maddyalicia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that supporting cruelty-free brands is important. I'm still a long way from being completely cruelty-free, but I'm happy to make progress where and when I can. Thanks for the Liebster Award nomination!

      Delete